Maybe you've seen it on TikTok - fragrance layering seems to be all the rage right now. But did you know that the tradition of combining multiple fragrances to achieve a desired effect has been around since ancient times?
What is Fragrance Layering?
Fragrance layering is the art of combining two or more fragrances in order to create your own custom scent. Although there's no right or wrong way to begin playing with fragrance layering, we've put together some tips to help you get started.
Why You Should Try It
Fragrance layering is a great way to create a scent that's entirely you: whether based on a mood, outfit, season, or even time of day! Experimenting with different combinations allows you to take the scents you already know and love in many different directions.
How to Layer Fragrances
- Try different blends on paper first, and then the skin.
- Prep your skin with a moisturizer! This helps the scent stay put all day long.
- Apply the scents at pressure points, such as the inside of your wrists, inner elbows, behind your ears and knees, or below your belly button. This will help the fragrance lift off the skin all day long since these are areas where the veins are close to the skin, creating a warm application point.
- Don't rub it in! Doing so can affect the composition of the fragrance and destroy the top notes.
- Use more than just fragrance! Incorporate other scented products such as body wash, body lotion, or even hair products.
- If you're feeling intimidated, start with scents within the same general family or scents that have a note in common.
- Be creative! There's no right or wrong way to do it.
Ready to Get Started?